Architecture of the nest
Culver City, California, USALocation:
Mon 28 March ’22Posted on:
Nest Architecture Inc. is looking for a Architectural designer to join our design team in Culver City, California. We provide design solutions for creative offices and high-end residential projects.
Visit our website for company profile and projects: https://www.nestarchitecture.com
Please send your resume and work samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Application” to apply.
This is a great prospect for an architectural designer to develop technical thinking and abilities through our learn and develop interface, mentorship and become an expert in BIM standards. The position will provide you with opportunities to learn about a wide range of projects at all stages, from conception to completion.
As an architectural designer with knowledge and experience in BIM software, you will work under the direction of a licensed architect and the project manager to design and develop complete residential and commercial projects with minimal supervision:
· Create complete sets of architectural and technical drawings incorporating all changes/modifications from the city/primary architect, create detailed diagrams and schedule the drawings in ArchiCAD.
· Coordinate, mark up and review consultant drawings, provide design assistance and calculations to designers, engineers and contractors.
· Produce BIM compliant drawings/projects from accurate ArchiCAD models.
· Research and develop an understanding of codes and design incorporating applicable codes.
To be successful in this role, you must have a detail-oriented approach, effective organization, ability to prioritize workload and be a team player with strong communication skills. We are a close-knit team that will give you plenty of opportunities to learn by taking on a diverse set of responsibilities. We operate from an office in a prime location on Venice Blvd in downtown Culver City and require the applicant to be vaccinated.
· Associate’s degree (or higher), trade school completion, or equivalent formal training.
· Minimum 2 to 5 years of professional experience in an architectural firm producing construction documents.
· Ability to understand and communicate information from detailed technical drawings using floor plans, sections, elevations, details and schedules.
· We are currently working with the latest version of ArchiCAD, working knowledge and experience in this area would be a plus. Candidates familiar with other BIM software such as Revit will be preferred.
· Familiar with Los Angeles and California building practices and code requirements.
Experience in producing high quality renders for presentation packages using ArchiCAD or other rendering software (compatible with ArchiCAD, eg Twinmotion, Lumion) and post-processing in Photoshop.
· Search for materials and products; consult with manufacturers, suppliers, consultants and contractors.
· Willing to work the necessary hours if necessary, to meet project deadlines
· Familiar with residential and commercial construction techniques.
View your application history