Universal Brand Development drives the global expansion of the company’s intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content and consumer experiences. In addition to managing franchise brands, Universal Brand Development’s core businesses include consumer products and digital games and platforms based on the company’s extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination and DreamWorks Animation. Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. www.universalbranddevelopment.com.
Universal Brand Development is committed to leading transformation by attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to celebrating diversity, fostering inclusive and equitable environments by honoring each individual’s experiences, perspective and uniqueness.
Universal Brand Development, Consumer Products Group is seeking an Associate Toy Product Designer to help deliver the highest quality product and play experience to our consumers. We are looking for someone who has great illustration and product design skills, who is proactive in creating and sharing new ideas, passionate about finding innovative solutions and always looking for creative ways to solve challenges.
Work closely with toy licensees to oversee all stages of product design, from concept design to production completion, providing clear and concise design direction through characters and creative notes. This role will report to a Design Lead on the Universal Brand Development Toy Development Team.
- Partner with category, retail and franchise teams to ensure our licensees have all the information and tools they need to deliver compelling products
- Create mood boards, concept sketches and resources for presentations
- Research consumer research, global toy trends, competitive landscape, and relevant events to help partners develop innovative products for the consumer and play space
- Support the UBD product development process with clear and up-to-date communication, including attending all necessary development meetings.
- Manage the product submission process through Universal Media Box systems – providing timely and positive feedback to our partners
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, preferably in Toy Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, or Graphic Design
• Experience in product design and development required
• Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to provide clear and thoughtful creative art direction to partners and vendors.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment spanning multiple product development schedules
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and all software relevant to product development, including Keynote.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume online to be considered.
• Must be prepared to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unlimited work authorization to work in the United States.
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a leading motion picture company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class theme parks and ad-supported premium service. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for inclusion for all. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities in which we live, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast’s NBCUniversal commitment and how we’re making a impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service membership, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.