Palo Alto, California, USALocation:
Fri 4 March ’22Posted on:
Field Architecture (FIELD) is an award-winning firm based in Palo Alto, with innovative projects and engaged clients in various regions of California and beyond. We are looking for a talented person to help design and develop inspired projects. Our ideal candidate is both creative and technically minded, highly motivated, self-starter and a life learner. Our work environment is relaxed yet challenging, with direct interface with corporate leaders and project teams, and exposure to all phases of design and construction. Mentoring is part of our philosophy and we seek candidates who demonstrate leadership in an area of expertise that they are passionate about.
We seek above all to create an architecture in harmony with the site and favoring the link between man and the territory. Whether by conversation, drawing or model, our creations are born of a dialogue imbued with optimism and sensitivity.
FIELD is looking for a designer with at least 3-5 years of experience in architecture to join our diverse and talented team. Past residential work is valuable, but we will consider applicants who have exceptional Revit skills and a desire to delve into the intricacies and details of residential design.
- Support project teams in drawing set production and Revit model coordination
- Assist in the production of presentation renderings and models
- Communicate with project team members to ensure smooth workflow and track project progress
- Coordination and interface with consultants
- Participate in interaction with various jurisdictions
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited program
- Architect licensed or in the process of obtaining a license in California
- 3 to 5 years of experience in architecture
- Demonstrated skills in designing and presenting documents with accuracy and clarity
- Prior involvement in all design and construction phases is preferred
- Expertise in developing models in Revit
- Working knowledge of the California building code
- LEED accreditation desired, but at a minimum, a demonstrated commitment to building sustainable environments is required
- Strong collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Hands-on approach and flexibility are essential
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to interact effectively with the project team and contribute to a positive and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and pride in work
- Remuneration is commensurate with education, work experience and demonstrated skills.
- FIELD offers a set of benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance coverage paid
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- PTO/Personal Leave and Paid Leave
- Continuing education funds and refunds for ARE, CSE and LEED exams
- Participation in award-winning projects
- Motivated and skilled employees who excel will have the opportunity to grow into a partner path and a leadership role.
- Hybrid working is planned well beyond the current pandemic, allowing the flexibility to work primarily from home while collaborating in the office for carts or during critical deadlines.
- Proximity to the Bay Area is key to enabling site visits and in-person collaboration.
View your application history
Back to task list…