Digital Enterprise Transformation Manager – KTP Associate (Strategy and Performance) job with UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
School of Business and Creative Industries in partnership with Rackit Ltd
Campus: Irvine, Ayrshire, KA12 8LN
Job title: Digital Enterprise Transformation Manager – KTP Associate (Strategy and performance)
Requirement No.: REQ001729
Salary scale: up to £40,000 depending on experience and qualifications (plus £5,000 for personal development)
Full time: 35 hours
Fixed term: 30 months
Rackit Group (Rackit) is a growing Scottish company, with a portfolio of clients ranging from small and medium sized businesses to blue chip multinationals such as BP, Tesco and Amazon. Rackit is a leading innovator in warehousing and storage solutions, a growing market given the continued shift from physical distribution business models to digital ones.
Rackit has three main specialties including:
- Warehousing and storage solutions
- Business and work locker solutions
- Bespoke consumable products for the warehousing and storage market
Rackit and the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) have embarked on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), which is a three-way partnership between a company (Rackit), an academic institution (UWS) and the partner KTP (You). UWS provides the salary and support, Rackit provides the work, and you provide your expertise.
You will be employed and supported by UWS to work within Rackit on a full-time basis, for a 30-month fixed-term contract. It might be possible for the role to become permanent.
The Digital Enterprise Transformation Manager – KTP Associate (Strategy and Performance) will help Rackit with:
- Ongoing operational and cultural change, to further improve Rackit’s sustainability and customer delivery
- Its ongoing digital evolution, where they are adopting technologies such as cloud commerce infrastructure, big data, IoT (internet of things), AI (artificial intelligence), automation, VR (virtual reality ), AR (augmented reality) and MR (mixed reality). )
- Upgrade of Rackit’s managed services offer
- Integrate management skills, knowledge and experience during a period of growth
- Developing the skills of Rackit’s leadership and management team
- Work on Rackit’s digital marketing and communication strategy
Successful candidates will have:
- A master’s degree in digital marketing, e-commerce, mobile commerce or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree in commerce with a qualification related to digital marketing
- Experience working as a digital marketing manager or in management
- Strong track record in digital business transformation, digital marketing, innovation in digital, social and transformational technologies, evidenced by qualifications and/or experience
- Good understanding and proven experience working with online growth strategies
- Skills developed in project management and research organization
- Strong numerical, analytical and data processing skills
- Strong digital skills and ability to work with different cloud ecosystems (preferably with G Suite Enterprise or MOS Enterprise)
- Ability to establish project costs and compare alternatives based on cost and other factors
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Expertise in writing and preparing reports and business cases
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good creative problem solving ability
- Enthusiasm to learn and explore new business opportunities
- The ability to deliver results in a very dynamic organization under tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to show initiative and develop innovative solutions
- A positive and proactive approach
Founded in 2006, Rackit Ltd, provides customers, from small office-based businesses to multinational global giants such as BP, Tesco and Amazon, with storage and material handling solutions that help make the most of their space – by increasing productivity, facilitating operations, and ultimately increasing profitability. With over 100 years of combined experience, the company currently employs 26 people at its Scottish head office and regional offices across the UK. With six offices and a warehouse across (Scotland, Ireland and England) plus a European warehouse in the Netherlands, the company offers a range of bespoke, off-the-shelf storage solutions to commercial customers (factories, warehouses, workspaces) covering shelving, shelving, lockers and conveyor platforms as well as design, installation, training and maintenance services.
Find out more by visiting: https://rackit.co.uk/
This position is part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It is essential that you understand how KTP works with business and academia, and the vital role you will play if you are successful in securing a KTP Associate position. Please visit: https://www.uws.ac.uk/business/knowledge-expertise/knowledge-transfer-partnerships/ or contact Stuart McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We support you: We are the only university in Scotland to have a dedicated KTP centre, meaning you are fully supported throughout your time at the company by UWS staff
Price: UWS won the 2022 Time Higher Education Award for Higher Education Institution of the Year and our KTP center is multi-award winning
We are growing: UWS has become the highest rated unit in the UK for management KTPs
You grow with us – Many of our KTP employees are offered permanent positions and continue to support projects as part of a team and independently. We’ll also invest £4,500 in your development, which includes training at the Chartered Management Institute (Level 5) and the option to sign up for an MPhil or PhD.
To learn more, click here
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact: email@example.com
Further information, including details on how to apply, can be found at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk
Deadline: Sunday, October 13, 2022
Date of the online interview: to be confirmed
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “disability-confident” employer.
The University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.