GoDo Highnote and offer financial inclusion to millions
SAN FRANCISCO, April 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Go doa fintech offering free same-day advances to employees, has partnered with High scorethe world’s most modern card issuance platform, to create the GoDo Card, a new card program that gives underbanked workers immediate access to interim wages at no cost.
Powered by Highnote’s card issuance platform, the GoDo Card enables financial inclusion with the following benefits:
- No fees Financial account: Accounts FDIC Insured no minimum balance and no monthly fees.
- Fully debit card operation: The GoDo Card can be used to access cash at ATMs, pay bills on time, and make purchases online and in-store.
- Acting salary Access: GoDo offers earned pay access, which means cardholders can access a portion of their pay as soon as they finish work, instead of waiting for a traditional payroll cycle.
- Payment parity: The GoDo Card gives working Americans who previously lacked access to card and digital payments the same payment experiences enjoyed by well-banked Americans.
Some banks charge fees to account holders who are unable to maintain a minimum balance. According to a US Postal Service Study, this causes the average underserved household to spend 9.8% of their income on fees and interest charges, and often resort to payday loans and other predatory lenders. The GoDo Card improves financial well-being by eliminating minimum balance and overdraft fees, and giving members access to earned wages to avoid predatory lenders and minimize debt.
“Our mission is to create economic inclusion by making banking easy and affordable for hard-working Americans who need access to middle incomes and financial products at no cost,” said James Ray, CEO from GoDo. “The GoDo Map is the cornerstone of this effort, and Highnote was the only map platform capable of delivering what we needed, including future functionality for our users that would not have been possible with other solutions on the market today.”
The GoDo Card was created using Highnote’s modernized platform, which provided key benefits including:
- Speed to market: By serving as both a processor and program manager, Highnote provided GoDo with a market-ready card at a speed unmatched by other virtual card platforms.
- Differentiation: Highnote’s modular capabilities allow GoDo to create the features that set them apart from their competitors.
- Reduced cost: The platform enables Highnote GoDo to provide cost-free access to intermediary salaries by reducing operational costs while generating revenue from exchange rights. With Highnote Ledger, GoDo can minimize bank transfers and thus reduce costs and avoid fees for cardholders.
“We created Highnote to enable companies like GoDo to create truly unique and revolutionary payment solutions for their customers,” said John Macllwaine, co-founder and CEO of Highnote. “The earned wage access market needs modernized payment solutions that can power innovative digital experiences and we’re here to make it happen.”
This partnership is a significant milestone for Highnote as they launch with GoDo as their first customer in the Earned Wage Access vertical. It’s a $12 billion market that Highnote aims to solve by creating more innovative payment solutions for financial inclusion.
To learn more about the GoDo Card, visit GoDo website.
The GoDo Mastercard Debit Card is issued by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard. Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circle design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
High score is the world’s most modern card platform, purpose-built to retain and engage customers through integrated card experiences. Its fully integrated technology stack provides all the services necessary for innovative companies to launch new ways to use card payments. Using the developer-friendly Highnote platform, product and engineering teams at digital businesses of all sizes can easily and efficiently integrate virtual and physical payment cards (commercial and consumer prepaid, debit, credit and charge ), ledger and portfolio capabilities into their existing product capabilities, creating compelling value for users while increasing revenue and creating a unique and differentiated brand. The company has raised over $90 million from leading investors and strategic partners and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information, please visit www.highnoteplatform.com.
There are more than 80 million underbanked adults in the United States who are unable to get ahead due to predatory drains on their finances, including payday loans, check cashing and fees payment of bills. In fact, the average financially underserved household has an annual income of around $25,500 and spends $2,412 a year in interest and fees, equivalent to 9.8% of income, on alternative financial services, according to a US Postal Service report.
Go do aims to disrupt this industry by closing the gap between earned wages and the cost of living – eliminating minimum balance and overdraft fees, providing access to earned wages free of charge, and offering additional products designed to reduce the dependence on payday loans. GoDo provides workers with instant access to their pay in the form of a payday advance earned at no cost via a GoDo Debit Card and the GoDo App. For more information, please visit www.godolife.com.
Media Contact: Jon Keller, email@example.com
A photo accompanying this release is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/9894d08c-8907-4efd-bc34-c90a2f6fc863