Interior Designer – Higher Education – Chicago, IL, US | Works
Chicago, Illinois, United StatesLocation:
Tue 20 Sep ’22Posted on:
Looking to advance your career with exciting new projects? Looking to join an award-winning studio in Chicago?
I am delighted to work with an established design firm with multiple locations in Illinois that provides architectural, planning, and interior design services to a diverse clientele. With a portfolio consisting of K-12 & Higher Education, Commercial & Wellness projects, they have a clear, creative and committed vision for all developments.
Currently looking for an experienced interior designer to join their growing team, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop and grow in their field, advance in leadership and build strong relationships with clients and consultants.
This opportunity will also allow remote working in the United States.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work on all stages of various projects, from initial schematic design to competition
- Production of various sets and drawing packages, including FF&E, design, technical specifications and accessories
- Assist project architects with construction documents and technical drawings
- Coordination with suppliers throughout the furniture procurement process
- Participate in the production of offers, permits and documents, in addition to helping with interior and furniture checklists
- Make presentations at all stages to customers, suppliers and consultants
Applicants must have the following:
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience in interior design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Experience in public/institutional or educational projects
- Mastery of Revit and SketchUp required
- Experience with AutoCAD and Enscape desirable
- Ability to select and source furniture and finishes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented mindset, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
The pay scale varies depending on the experience of the individual, for more information please contact further
Note: This opportunity requires the individual to be legal to work in the United States without sponsorship.
To apply for this position or to discuss it further, please apply with your current CV, work samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
View your application history