“On the second Monday in February, the Consumer culture’s Banksys strikes again. Yes Marcel Duchamp and Tom Sachs had a baby was bred by Jeremy Scott by Moschino, this is what it might look like.” – The New York Times
“MSCHF, the collective of internet artists creating a cult with his controversial creative projects, has had the internet buzzing” – vanity lounge
“What MSCHF wins, at least as far as I’m concerned, is pop art in the internet age. From the start, pop art contained many of the same concerns, interests and, yes, contradictions as MSCHF. – Digital trends
“Only by understanding the wider hype culture can one truly appreciate the”genius comment‘ of this brand of art.” – 2020 Breakthrough Brands Trend Report interbrand
Their only post on LinkedIn refer to themselves as a dairy company. It’s probably the best, and only, description you’ll ever get of the startup behind AI-generated foot photos, an app for making stock investments based on star signs and Nike sneakers. filled with holy water. – Business Intern
Sneaker designer at MSCHF
MSCHF is developing an in-house shoe line slated to launch in early 2022. Our team has an opening for a sneaker designer to take ideas/concepts and turn them into shoes. For example, if we said “let’s create a basket bagel”, you would respond to that request and work on a series of design concepts for a basket bagel. You must be open-minded and able to come up with unique and innovative concepts. Huge bonus points if you’re comfortable assembling rough prototypes in the office, such as 3D printed outsoles with hacked uppers for concept analysis.
As part of the MSCHF design team, you
● Brainstorm new sneaker concepts
● Iterate over sketches
● Prototype models in the office
● Undertake material exploration
● Maintain sneaker and material library
● Create final design files for tenders + complete technical packages
● Experimented: You have a portfolio showing your ability to design sneakers. You know how a sneaker is built, how to give feedback on factory samples, and can come up with designs to implement sneaker structures you’ve never seen before.
● Versatile: You can’t wait to work on sneakers, sandals, boots, slippers… whatever, in any material and in any style. Wacky ideas don’t scare you!
We are open to full-time, part-time, contractual, independent, etc.
Our office is located in Brooklyn, New York.
Interested? E-mail James@mschf.xyz