Senior Structural Design Engineer / Structural Engineering Design Manager
We work with a highly respected international civil engineering consultancy who are looking for a Senior Structural Design Engineer in Birmingham to work on an exciting range of large industrial and commercial building structures, primarily using steel structures and concrete. Typical projects include offices, warehouses, engineering facilities and others.
This position is essential to the growth of the Birmingham branch, as you will report to the Associate Director, whose main role is to develop the offices and business. There will also be space to assist and assist the Associate Director in his duties. Currently AD is tasked with too many internal issues to grow the business, so this primary position will allow a new wave of engineers to be onboarded and teams to progress in their holistic careers.
In the role you will work closely with other structural design and MEP teams in the Birmingham area. Within an average team of approximately 20 people, you will lead approximately 5 junior structural design engineers, including a senior engineer and an engineer, to deliver industrial building structure projects.
– Lead the structural design team and be responsible for the technical delivery and results produced by the team
– Delegate, manage and review the work of junior colleagues
-Report to the Associate Director
– Make a personal contribution to the design phases, solve problems and produce innovative designs
– Liaising with clients and producing the necessary reports
– Participate in projects from feasibility studies, initial and detailed design, to implementation and construction supervision
– Lead and develop your own personal projects
– Supervise and develop the professional and personal qualities of junior colleagues
Description of the candidate:
– Be a Chartered Structural Engineer or approaching Chartered status soon (there is some flexibility on this for the right candidate)
– Have experience as a Design Manager on different schemes simultaneously
– Have experience in developing junior colleagues
– Have a solid experience working with steel and concrete structures
– Have a strong technical background, as while project management responsibilities will be assumed, we would like someone who could also provide technical input if needed
– Have experience with STAAD Pro, SAP2000 or Navisworks
– You have experience or wish to develop your expertise in team leadership
This is an ongoing opportunity with a large multi-disciplinary consultancy firm with an international presence that is seeking a Senior Structural Design Engineer to lead their industrial structural design team in Birmingham.
With a flexible working schedule (some weeks zero office need, some weeks up to 3 times) this could suit candidates from further afield from Birmingham such as Derby, Leicester, Northampton or other areas.
If you are interested in this position and would like to find out more, or would like to see if similar positions are available in other parts of the UK, please contact Andrey from Critical Project Resourcing.