Communications & Marketing
Location: Campus Highfield
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 per year
Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Friday, March 11, 2022
Date of interview: be confirmed
We are looking for motivated individuals to help design and deliver the next generation of online content for higher education within our award-winning team at the University of Southampton.
The ideal product manager will be adept at balancing user needs with university goals, excellent with stakeholders, and adept at working with competing priorities and a range of different people to complete a project.
This role involves working in a multidisciplinary environment and taking a strategic view while understanding and being able to make decisions on the finer details, such as product design.
what you gonna do
- Collaborate and solve tough problems with the extended team, helping to drive strategy and translate it into clear actions for our delivery team. This includes managing the relationship with our key partners to ensure we deliver.
- Be the voice of our users – understand the user, business and market, identify opportunities and share insights with the wider team.
- Help drive the roadmap – ruthlessly recognize and prioritize based on customer value so the team is always working on the work that matters most.
- Work independently on the backlog while ensuring features are delivered quickly and efficiently.
- Establish workflows and processes that allow us to systematically collect, analyze and act on user feedback.
- Flex your ability to understand and drive product evolution, based on user demands and business goals.
You will be suitable for this role if you are:
- Motivated by change.
- Passionate about technology. This role is not expected to provide technical leadership, but much of the work is infrastructure related and therefore a good understanding of infrastructure aspects, implementation nuances implement code, automation, etc. is important.
- Focused on the real needs of our many users.
- Expert Communicator: Clear and unambiguous discussion and agreement with stakeholders and team members to articulate the benefits of your products and services to non-technical stakeholders; and create a compelling narrative for your product.
- Strong relationship building skills, including the ability to manage stakeholder expectations aligned with the product roadmap and provide constructive challenges to key stakeholders.
- Ability to translate business objectives into an actionable product strategy.
These are exciting times for the University of Southampton and we would love for you to join us! The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work-life balance through generous holiday pay, flexible hours and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please see the HR pages. To learn more about the team, their work and their philosophy, visit our blog.
Please note that this announcement may be closed before the published closing date if a satisfactory number of applications are received.
You must submit your completed online application form to https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The deadline for applications will be midnight on the closing date listed above. If you require assistance please call Michelle Jose (Human Resources Recruitment Team) on +44 (0)23 8059 4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1694822CD on all correspondence.
If you would like to speak first, please contact Ayala Gordon, Associate Director – Digital User Experience via LinkedIn or Twitter. If not via social media then email A.Gordon@soton.ac.uk