Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Tue 1 March ’22Posted on:
R&D project manager
At United Dwelling, we are on a mission to change lives and are looking for passionate and energetic people who want to join us on our journey. In our efforts to create hope within the communities we serve, we partner with owners and developers to integrate innovative means of transformation.
About the role
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience managing residential design and construction projects. In this role, you will work as part of a small, dedicated team on all aspects of the design and construction of pre-engineered modular/factory-built accessory housing units and ground-level developments throughout the Los Angeles area. . Day-to-day duties will include developing and administering project schedules, managing workflow and reviewing the work of R+D designers, coordinating and managing consultants, developing concept diagrams, design documents and visualizations, conducting site visits and producing additional construction documents and details. . You will gain extensive hands-on experience from design to construction.
This is a full-time salaried position with competitive benefits and the ability to work primarily from home.
- Lead a small team of designers to iterate on existing designs, preemptively identify potential design issues, and effectively design solutions through rigorous research and development of new innovative product designs
- Coordinate with consultants, such as structural, civil, solar and landscape, as well as various factory partners
- Review state and local permits that proactively engage code requirements as well as key stakeholders from multiple internal departments and consultants to ensure buy-in and sign-off from all necessary parties
- Review shop drawings and samples from our manufacturing partners and obtain approval from senior management and key construction team stakeholders
- Develop and administer Gantt chart schedules for multiple concurrent projects
- Determine milestones, assign tasks and track progress
- Ensure work is completed, reviewed and revised in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Know the materials, products and innovations of the industry
- Support the construction team in developing construction instructions that inform site preparation, foundation assembly, method of delivery and finishing of our units
- Respond to RFIs in a timely manner via site visits, thorough documentation of site conditions, problem identification, code research and design solutions that incorporate key stakeholder sign-off that enables our team to construction to deliver a complete house to the client
- Support the Land Use and Rights Division by developing and maintaining typical development site plans
- Participate in quality assurance efforts through on-site data collection procedures and quality progress reports
- Produce weekly presentations including sketches and visualizations to communicate project progress to management and other stakeholders
- Support other departments, such as Marketing and Sales with necessary marketing materials and/or environmental signage
- Recommend changes to existing procedures and help establish new processes
- Perform other duties as needed
- Degree in architecture or construction management
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a project manager (or junior associate) in the architecture, construction or product development sectors
- Experience with BIM/3D software required, ArchiCAD or Revit experience preferred in a professional environment. ArchiCAD is preferred, but Revit experiences will be considered.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Experience creating and managing Gantt charts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of local and state codes pertaining to Residential, Prefabricated and ADU (Accessory Dwelling Units) projects (CBC 2019, CRC 2019, CPC 2019, CEC 2019)
- Understanding of building systems, MEP systems and construction techniques used in Type V construction
- Experience in the design or construction of modular/factory-built prefab homes is a plus.
- A first start-up experience is a plus.
- Project management experience for at least 3 years in Los Angeles.
- Ability to travel to project sites throughout Los Angeles or to our South Los Angeles warehouse as needed.
- Currently residing in the Los Angeles area.
- Only individuals currently residing and able to work legally in the United States will be considered. No international candidates for this position, please.
We are unable to assist with VISA sponsorship or relocation.
View your application history
Back to task list…