Risk Manager – Nigeria | ReliefWeb
This Scope of Work (SOW) defines the services to be provided by the Risk Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the Global Health Supply Chain Program of the USAID – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The goal of USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain Program Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) single contract is to ensure an uninterrupted supply of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives and create a better future for families around the world. world. IDIQ has four mission orders that directly support the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), the family planning and reproductive health program of USAID and the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Program. GHSC-PSM provides health product procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a complete supply chain. The four mission orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Risk Manager will provide technical procurement services for the Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) program managing Target Local Procurement (TLP) and the Health Supply Chain Field Office public service from Chemonics International, Inc. in Nigeria and technical support assistance to national and state governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in the procurement of health products and services as part of programs to fight HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning and maternal, neonatal and child health. These will be supported under the mandate of the Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project to develop the capacity of government counterparts in procurement and contract management for health products and services. health. He/she, in collaboration with the other managers and advisors, will implement the supply of health products and services to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery.
Main tasks and responsibilities (essential functions)
- Provides support to country office procurement and subcontracts, facilities, payroll, logistics and IT to ensure consistent policies and procedures are understood by all team members and are implemented in an integrated manner across all areas of operations.
- Ensures consistent and compliant use of tools and systems to manage procurement documentation required for planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and quality control of country office administrative and management systems , including but not limited to procurement and sub-contracts, facilities, payroll, logistics, et cetera.
- Supports the investigation of insurance claims issued to 3PL warehousing and distribution service providers, and files and tracks claim letters as required, between the Country Office and providers.
- As requested, supports the HQ PSM Risk Management team in any communication with insurance brokers or surveyors regarding claims status and claims management.
- Works with the Director of Risk and Contract Management and the HQ Quality Management Unit on the collection and presentation of information relevant to insurance claims, including reviewing, uploading and downloading information from the AssurX incident management system.
- Actively reduces the backlog of claims by verifying supporting documents and ensuring prompt follow-up.
- Support the Operations and Compliance DCD in monitoring and reporting project operational and technical risks; and liaises directly with technical teams, including Warehousing and Distribution, Laboratory, Scheduling and Source, to mitigate risk and resolve issues.
- Acts as a quality control and assurance officer for direction and results to ensure consistently high standards in procurement and contract documentation.
- Works closely with the Chemonics Office of Business Conduct regarding any procurement and/or contracting investigations.
- Leads the contracts team to support all documentation requests with respect to internal or external financial or programmatic reviews or audits.
- Interprets and advises staff on contract and project management issues and related policies and practices.
- Shares best practices, connects project teams and ensures appropriate resourcing.
- Leads procurement and contracting teams in designing and implementing training that improves compliance in programmatic and operational areas of the project.
- Represents the PSM project by liaising with the HQ PSM Risk Management team, HSC Contracts team and other HQ divisions to strengthen and resolve all aspects of project operations and contract management complaints.
- Promotes and demonstrates an inclusive workplace of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovating and exceeding expectations.
- Acts as Acting Director of Risk and Contract Management as required.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Master’s degree in supply chain operations, public health, contract and/or project management, procurement, or relevant degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience developing and managing subcontracts subject to USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience working with local and international vendors for the procurement of required goods and services.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make a meaningful contribution to end results.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong skills in organizing and prioritizing work.
- Supervisory experience required
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public health sector environment is a plus.
- Proactive, with a positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
The Risk Manager will report to the Director of Risk and Contract Management or designate
How to register
To applyplease submit your application here.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.