Communications & Marketing
Location: Campus Highfield
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 per year
Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Friday, March 11, 2022
Date of interview: be confirmed
About the role
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a committed User Experience (UX) / Interaction Designer to help our teams design products and services that are useful, easy to use and fun to interact with.
You will join a award-winning team dedicated to developing user-centric insights and support for many of our user groups – from applying for a course, to seeking research collaborations and much more.
This team is extremely ambitious. This role is new and we are looking for someone who will be committed to improving the experience people have while interacting with our university and ensuring they find value in what we offer.
what you gonna do
- solve complex design problems, iterate and test solutions
- collaborate with colleagues to create a rich picture of our users
- work closely with product managers, user researchers, content designers, service designers, other UX and technical disciplines and academic functions to turn our user research results into visual concepts
- communicate and explain design, concepts, ideas and the logic and thinking behind them
- facilitate workshops and lead design activities with technical teams and business stakeholders to define the right problem to solve
- integrate accessibility into visual designs and concepts that meet user needs
what you will have
- demonstrable experience advocating for design research and advocating for all users.
- demonstrable experience in design research, including at least one other UX discipline (such as interaction design, etc.).
- ability to integrate UX into agile development sprints, coordinating with content designers, developers, service designers and product managers to achieve a strategic vision.
- a solid understanding of collaborative techniques, tools, patterns, and skills to share expert advice with colleagues and stakeholders.
- ability to organize and structure complex information to help diverse audiences easily find what they need.
These are exciting times for the University of Southampton and we would love for you to join us! The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work-life balance through generous holiday pay, flexible hours and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, visit HR pages. To learn more about the team, its work and its philosophy, visit our blog.
Please note that this announcement may be closed before the published closing date if a satisfactory number of applications are received.
You must submit your completed online application form to https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The deadline for applications will be midnight on the closing date listed above. If you need help, please call Michelle Jose (recruitment team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2507. Please quote part number 1694322CD on all correspondence.